Leading furniture store online ON24 in Estonia and Finland (www.on24.ee, www.on24.fi) created its logistic department to deliver ordered goods to customers by courier.
- ON24’s logistics department (Infero Logistika Ltd., later changed to SmartPost Ltd.) started providing logistics services to other distance selling businesses (mostly online stores and mail order catalogs).
- In May 2007 SmartPost started to develop automated parcel terminal networks hardware and software.
State-owned Estonian Development Fund together with private investors invested onto Cleveron’s share capital for the automated parcel terminal network development.
- SmartPost started providing parcel terminal services (www.smartpost.ee). 36 parcel terminals were installed in shopping malls all over Estonia, the usability of which varies according to the number of people living in the proximity of the given terminal.
- The Smartpost’s parcel terminal service was declared a logistics deed of the year at annual logistics conference.
- After operating for two years, the network, along with its brand name, were sold to Itella Corporation (former Finnish Post). After the transaction, the company changed its name to Cleveron. By the time the brand was sold:
- More than 5% of population had used the service
- 25 % of Estonian distance selling parcel market was achieved.
- More than 1000 business clients had registered to use the service
- Cleveron received first order from Itella Corporation to build APT network of 15 terminals in Finland
- Cleveron received first order from CPCR Express to build APT network of 20 terminals in Russia
- Itella SmartPOST launched Automatic Parcel Terminal network of 15 terminals with Cleveron’s technology. Parcel terminals are located in shopping centers and other public places with long operating hours in Greater Helsinki. The plan is to install additional 35 parcel terminals by the end of 2011
- PickPoint (CPCR Express subsidiary) launched Automatic Parcel Terminal network of 20 terminals with Cleveron’s technology in beginning of 2011.Parcel terminals are located in shopping centers and other public places with long operating hours in Moscow and St. Petersburg. The goal is to install at least 120 parcel terminals in larger Russian cities by the end of the year.
- Additional six parcel terminals were installed in Estonia. SmartPOST continues to operate in Estonia with 52 parcel terminals.
- Over 280 000 Estonians have used SmartPOST services at least once, about 20% of the population.
- More than 30% share of Estonian distance selling parcel market has been achieved.
- More than 2000 business clients have registered to us the SmartPOST service.